Thursday 21st September
UNRESERVED BANK NOTES & COINS
This sale includes a very rare 1967 One Dollar "Star Note" (Coombs Randall, CV $3,000+), a scarce 1967 1st Prefix 20 Dollar Note (Coombs Randall CV $2,800) and a stunning 1925 Australian Penny (2nd Rarest Penny, 6 Pearls VF) and many, many more rare notes & coins. A collector’s delight.
All lots are completely unreserved.
Accepting all online bids NOW!
Whether you're looking for entry level artwork or discovering blue chip investment art, Lloyds offer an exciting opportunity for both buyers and sellers. With over 30 years combined experience in Arts, we make iconic artists and authentic pieces accessible to anyone.
Why Buy At An Online Art Auction
Purveyors of fine art, exquisite antiques and rare collectibles look no further. Lloyds Auctions are a premier venue, exhibiting both on-site and online, with original art auctions in Australia. The variety of art on offer is sure to please, whether you're looking to express your creativity around the home or brighten an office space with corporate artistic works.
Our auctions feature artwork, antiques & collectables from a variety of Australian, Aboriginal and International artists. Sourced from Private Collections, Gallery Clearances, Estates and more, Lloyds offer verified and affordable Australian art with efficient delivery.
The Lloyds team are passionate about making quality artwork accessible through a unique buying and selling experience. Whether in Sydney, Melbourne or the outback, when looking at affordable art for sale there are some notable benefits to buying at our online auctions including:
- Quality fine art work at substantially lower prices than a gallery
- A unique selection at every auction offers inspiration and decorating ideas
- Convenience of online purchasing from home
- A unique and exciting experience buying at auction
- Browse the auction catalogue with no pressure
- Monitor how bidding goes on the day and bid only if it suits
- A viable alternative to shopping malls and galleries
Learn About Art
Artists, composers and designers make use of different mediums, from paintings, drawings or pastels, to mixed media, watercolour, digital art or print making. These refer to the art materials or supplies used in creating artwork. Artistic shapes include Portrait, Landscape, Square, Panoramic or Slim.
Many ideals, styles and approaches are shared by artwork, forming common philosophies. These art 'Movements' are primarily used as a historical convenience for grouping artists of a certain period or style together so that they may be understood within a specific context. Modern Art Movements include Impressionism, Post Impressionism, Cubism, Fauvism, Expressionism, Dadaism, Surrealism and Pop Art. When buying art, their styles may often be broadly broken down into categories of Fine Art, Decorative Art, Vintage Art or Photography.
- Fine Art is described as especially visual pieces whose products are to be appreciated primarily or solely for their imaginative, aesthetic or intellectual content.
- Decorative Art is described as that concerned with the production of objects which are both useful and beautiful.
- Vintage Art - the broad definition is generally commercial artwork created from the 19th through the mid-20th century.
- Photography is the process of recording images on sensitised material by the action of light, X-rays, etc, and the chemical processing of this material to produce a print, slide or cine film.
The Lloyds Art Guarantee
Let's paint the full picture... Not all art is created equal and it is often hard for enthusiasts to find good value blue chip investment art from emerging artists. We work with some of Australia's leading art suppliers to provide quality, vetted and original artworks. With over 30 years combined experience in the Arts, our aim is to empower everyday Aussies to confidently buy quality fine art that is aesthetically pleasing at a great price.
Rest assured that you will be satisfied when you buy art online through Lloyds Auctions.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team are available to answer any of your art related questions and have direct access to vendors to provide correct information in a timely manner.