Saturday June 16 marked a very special day in Bathurst, NSW as the home of Australian Motorsport became the new headquarters of Lloyds Classic Car Auctions. There was an impressive lineup of classics including this GTHO Phase III previously owned by Australian cricket legend and World's fastest bowler, Jeff Thomson. Local radio broadcast live from the event with over a thousand people from the community joining in what was a historic event. Watch some highlights from this incredible trip down memory lane, showing history in the making right in the heart of motor sport racing, Bathurst.
GTHO Phase III 'BIG RED' Breaks Million Dollar Record!
The GTHO Phase III is the holy grail of Aussie Fords with a reputation born on the racetrack and bred on the streets. One of those custodians was legendary Australian fast bowler Jeff Thomson who owned the car for nearly a decade, during which time it gained the nickname ‘Big Red’, which is what the car has been known as ever since.
PROTOTYPE A9X TORANA 'THE RED ROCKET'
Spectacular LIVE Bathurst Classic Car Auction
Highlights of the Torana A9X GMP&A at this spectacular event held on 16th June!
AUSTRALIA’S GREATEST COLLECTOR CAR AUCTIONS
Watch our previous event replay's or contact us to take part.
Highlights From Previous Classic Car AuctionsWatch some highlights taken from prior Classic Car auction events in NSW, QLD and VIC. Lloyds are proud to bring both buyers and sellers of Australia's greatest collector cars together in a unique auction event. Attend our LIVE Auctions in person, or watch the online simulcast to witness Australian record prices and be a part of history.
- 1968 Holden HK Monaro
- 1969 Holden HT GTS 350 Monaro
- 1970 Holden HG GTS Monaro
- Torana A9X
- 1978 Ford XC Falcon Cobra Coupe
- 1970 Ford XY Falcon
- Chevrolet Camaro's
- Harley Davidson Motorbikes
- 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe
- 1970 Dodge Charger RT 440 Magnum
- 1923 Ford T Bucket Ute
- 1967 Chevrolet Impala Fast back
- 1971 Chevrolet C-10 Utility Pick Up
- 1970 Mustang Convertible
- 1939 Chevrolet Sedan
- 1971 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
- Dick Johnson Bryan Byrt Ford XC Falcon
- Ford XB GT
- Genuine HQ GTS Monaro
- Holden GTSR
- Lotus Elise Coupe
- 1966 Austin Healy
- Porsche, BMW's, Mustangs and more!
NO REPLAY: 13 May '17 Sydney Classic Car AuctionOur inaugural Sydney Classic Car event was held Saturday 13th May. This event was held in an aircraft hanger at Bankstown Airport. Cars featured included;
- Bathurst Chargers
- Monaro HG GTS
- Blue Meanie Group A and rare Brock Commodores
- Genuine Ford XA GT with Phase 4 running gear (RPO83)
- XB GT Coupes
- Mazda RX3 Coupe & R100
- Porsche Carrara 4S
- Rouche Mustang
- 1971 Ford Falcon GT HO Phase 3
- 1969 Ford Falcon GT HO Phase 1
- 1970 Holden Monaro HG GTS
- 1968 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang
- Holden HT GTS Monaro Coupe
- 1963 Ford Falcon XW GT
- Holden Torana's
- Holden HT Monaro (Bathurst series)
- Ford Falcon GTHO
- Ford XA Coupe
- Ferrari Testarossa
- 1972 Holden Torana GTR XU-1
- 1986 Holden Commodore Group A SS VL Plus Pack Sedan
- 1974 Ford Falcon XB Coupe
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS SS 2-door Sedan
- 1977 Holden Torana SS A9X, 2 Door Hatchback
- 1965 Studebaker GT Hawke Coupe
- 1967 Chevrolet Nova II 2 Door Coupe
- 2016 Ford Mustang
- 1979 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupe
- 1974 Plymouth Duster Coupe
- 1948 Chrysler Windsor Businessman's Coupe
- 1976 Holden HX GTS Monaro
- 1972 Holden Torana LJ
- 1977 Holden (Original) Torana LX
- 1953 Holden FJ Dual Cab Ute (Customised)
- 1969 Ford Torino Talladega Fastback
- 1964 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III
- 1966 Ford Lincoln Convertible
- 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe
Australia's Greatest Classic Car Auction
There’s nothing quite like the appeal of a classic car. And, when it comes to classic car sales Lloyd’s Auctions offer some of the rarest and most desirable collectable cars for sale in Australia. So, if you’re in the market to buy classic cars and appreciate the beauty and craftsmanship that only collector cars can provide, you are going to love what we have for sale here at Lloyd’s Auctions on the Gold Coast.
Vintage Car Auctions Simulcast LIVE Online
What’s your favourite classic car? Does it scream muscle or more class? Is it all screeching tyres and pedal to the metal? Or, is it horsepower that gets your engine starting? Aussie car lovers seem to be separated under a general divide: Holden or Ford. Which team are you? Wherever your loyalties lie we supply both classic Holden cars for sale and classic Fords cars to buy. Our Australian car auctions also regularly feature classic Utes for sale.
Let’s get your petrol glands salivating. Here’s a list of some of the phenomenal rides that come under our hammer: Rolls Royce Silver Cloud; LJ GTR Torana; 1963 Austin Healey; 66 Fastback Falcon; Model T Roadster Ford; 1966 Lincoln Continental; 1975 Chrysler New Yorker. We auction Lamborghini's, Bentley's, Corvette's, Cobra's, Mini Cooper's, Blue Meanies and Pickup trucks. And, that’s by no means an exhaustive list.
The benefit of our Australian car auctions is you never know just what you could find! I’m betting there is a car you’ve always seen yourself owning, that you’ve fantasised about? Or, are you a seasoned buyer of collector cars? In that case, we offer some of the scarcest finds. Whoever you are and whatever your looking for if you appreciate rare collectable cars then Lloyds Auctions may just have what you are searching for in our next online car auction.
If you're looking to buy a car for investment, then don’t put your foot on the brakes... Life is fast and furious – drive your dream today!