Definitions: “Lloyds” means Lloyds Auctioneers & Valuers Pty Ltd ABN 20 109 191 095. “Transporter” means an external transport company selected by Lloyds. “Asset” means any lot, goods, or items purchased by you the Purchaser. “Purchaser/you” means the successful bidder for a Lot as determined by Lloyds, or the purchaser by way of a private agreement with Lloyds.
1. Lloyds will select and utilize a Transporter to deliver the Asset(s) to the address you have nominated.
2. In selecting to utilize the Transporter, you authorise Lloyds to contact the Transporter to make arrangements for the collection of the Asset(s) on your behalf, so that the Transporter may deliver the Asset(s) to your nominated address.
3. Lloyds does not take any responsibility for any damage to the Asset(s) whilst being transported by the Transporter. You acknowledge that any damage caused to the Asset(s) whilst being Transported by the Transporter is a matter between you and the Transporter.
4. Pickups and deliveries may occur outside of business hours, as agreed between you and the Transporter.
5. The Transporter will make its best efforts to meet agreed timelines, travel times, and transport delivery dates however you acknowledge that a number of factors outside of the control of Lloyds and The Transporter, including but not limited to road conditions, natural disasters, weather events, State based border restrictions and border crossing conditions, unexpected mechanical breakdowns and driver availability issues can affect the ultimate delivery date of the Assets(s) being transported by The Transporter for you.
6. You agree that it is your sole responsibility that Asset(s) are provided to The Transporter well prepared for transport with loose internal and external items secured.
7. The impact of transport of your Asset(s) on an open or an enclosed Transporter, depending on your selected enclosure mode of transport, as well as the nature of the asset itself, is at your sole risk and responsibility.
8. You accept that transport of Asset(s) using an open/uncovered Transporter may result in stone chips, weather-trigged damage such as from hail or heavy rain as well as other damage from falling flora, fauna, and avian strikes may occur. You acknowledge that Lloyds is in no way responsible for those events, damage, or impacts.
9. Lloyds recommends that you choose a closed vehicle transport option if your Asset(s) value is significant. Closed transporters limit normal minor impacts of road transport on assets. Your responsibility is to assess the risk to your Asset(s) when selecting your preferred transport option.
10. Insurance on goods in transit and stored by The Transporter is the responsibility of you and at your risk. You are advised not to cancel your own insurance policy for your Asset(s) until such time as each Asset has been delivered by The Transporter to your nominated delivery address.
11. You acknowledge and agree that the transport fee stated on the Lloyds’ invoice to you is payable in full prior to transport of the Asset(s) being undertaken by The Transporter. You acknowledge that delays in full payment of the agreed transport fee may result in missed deadlines for loading of Asset(s) for transport and ultimately delays in agreed delivery dates and times of the asset between The Transporter and you.
12. You take sole responsibility for disclosing all known occupational health and safety risks regarding the Asset(s) being transported by the Transporter to you. Should those risks not be disclosed by you before transport and if an accident occurs, you indemnify the Transporter and Lloyds from being held responsible nor liable for the outcome of such an accident.
13. All Asset(s) to be transported will be transported in the manner determined entirely at the discretion of the Transporter to maximize the Transporter’s transport schedules, safety, available transport assets and driver resources, with your best interests taken fully into consideration.
14. If you have booked and paid for the transport of larger items such as a vehicle, and you have a change of mind, then a refund may be requested if the booked asset pick up is greater than 48 hours hence. Such a refund will incur a $110 Lloyds handling fee, reducing the refunded amount.